Saturday 30 March 2013

Twitter, Google+ or Facebook!! What do you think?

Some people think that Google+ will replace Facebook and Twitter. I do not see it that way at all. Twitter, Google+ and Facebook have their own audiences and optimal type of content:

Facebook
Content: Funny, personal, opinion
Network focus: family, friends, schoolmates

Twitter
Content: short, information, links, thoughts
Network focus: acquaintances, random strangers, co-workers

Google+
Content: questions, discussion starters, stories
Network focus: early adopters, friends

When I want to start a discussion (like this) I use Google+ because it is easy for people to see each other comments and reply to each other and me. That doesn't work well on Twitter.

I wouldn't post my Foursquare check-in to Google+.
I would post a photo of my vacation on Facebook but not on Twitter.

On Facebook people can see your comments but you kinda keep the conversation light because your high-school friends and family are there too.

Twitter is cool if you have a question that only you need and answer to but because it is so much harder to see everybody's replies you use it differently.

With each network optimized for a separate function I see enough room for networks to co-exist. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment